Information on Ordering
Please quote the unique reference number of each book,
as well as the author's surname and
Please be sure to let us have your telephone number -
this is especially helpful
in case a query arises about your order.
Postage is not included in the price of the book but is added at cost.
Postage outside UK: by economy airmail, unless you request otherwise.
Delivery to Europe is normally between 4 - 10 working days, and to
countries outside Europe between 10 - 21 working days.
Postage UK: We will send books by the most economical means -
either by Royal Mail second-class, where the weight allows
this and you do not instruct to send first-class, or alternatively, for heavier items, by ParcelForce.
Methods of Payment
Credit Card: if you want to pay by credit card then we strongly recommend that you use PayPal.
PayPal is a very secure and well established method of paying for goods and services over the interent.
How it works:
1. we send you an invoice through Paypal covering the cost of the books and postage.
2. you then pay with your card through the secure Paypal website
3. then, within a few minutes, PayPal advise us you have paid and we send you your books.
This method is very secure, gives you, the buyer, peace of mind and covers you with the PayPal guarantee.
Cheques in UK pounds sterling drawn on a UK bank.
European and Overseas customers - We also accept US dollar cheques
drawn on a US bank but will need to add the equivalent of £10 to cover bank collection charges.
The cost of other methods of remittance from overseas can
be excessive so, if none of the above methods of payment is
convenient, please call us to discuss.
Our bank details are:
UK sterling account - Crouch Rare Books: Account number 06953131.
Sort code 72-00-00 at Alliance Business Banking (Giro Bank),
62 Hagley Road, B16 8PE, England.
US dollar account - A. S. Crouch: Account number 4505-789063-500.
Sort code 82-11-07 at Clydesdale Bank, 35 Regent Street, London,
SW1Y 4ND, England.
Common abbreviations used:
- pp: number of pages;
- dw: dustwrapper;
- original cloth: publisher's original cloth-covered boards as issued;
- publisher's boards: paper-covered boards in simulated cloth or illustrated;
- BCA: normally a reissue of the original book by Book Club Associates;
- new: sold direct to us from the publisher's warehouse;
- mint: previously owned but as new;
- fine: in exceptional condition;
- vg: very good (showing signs of use but above average secondhand condition);
- good: good general secondhand condition;
- fair: showing defects but reasonable;
- ex-lib: former library book where the only indication of such ownership is a library stamp,
and/or bookplate and perhaps a reference number, on the front endpapers
(anything more intrusive will be detailed);